Karnataka MSME director not missing, away in UP due to father’s health

Karnataka Home Minister Priyank Kharge on Saturday clarified that IAS officer Gyanendra Kumar Gangwar, who was reported “missing”, was in his native place in Uttar Pradesh due to a family emergency involving his father’s health.
Priyank also said Gangwar had denied any link between his absence and the Enforcement Directorate’s recent searches at the Karnataka Public Service Commission, and was open to an inquiry if required.
Earlier in the day, reports had said Gangwar, currently the Director, MSME, Department of Industries and Commerce, had been uncontactable since August 20 and had reportedly booked a flight ticket to Delhi.
“There was some miscommunication; it has nothing to do with ED raids. When you (the media) asked me in the morning, we did not have much information, and I told you that he (Gangwar) had been unavailable for contact for the last couple of days,” Priyank said.
Speaking to reporters here, he said there was an emergency in Gangwar’s family as his father was a he
Read more at the source

Disclaimer: The content of this post is sourced from external sites and is for informational purposes only. All rights and credits belong to the original authors and publishers.